This past July, we became the first electronic logbook (ELOG) provider to be nationally certified by the DFO for lobster fisheries. This was an exciting milestone for Vericatch and for commercial fishermen who want to take advantage of technology to be able to make more informed, profitable decisions for their businesses.
We’re always evolving our FisheriesApp ELOGS based on your input and industry best practices. And now, with our first release of ELOGS for national crab fisheries, we’re looking for your input again, but this time more formally.
We’re looking for a number of commercial crab and lobster fishermen to join our test crew and put our ELOGS to the test in real life in 2023.
What the test crew looks like?
- You’ll get a year of our Pro national ELOGS for free (that’s a $120 value), so you can give them a thorough test and submit your trip logs electronically to the national DFO database.
- We’ll be checking in with you once a month via a short customer interview to see what you think, and you’re also welcome to email us your input at any time.
- You’ll get one-on-one support from our team.
- This is roughly a three to four month commitment.
How do you qualify?
We’re looking for commercial fishermen who already own and use an iOS or Android phone or tablet and are interested in getting a jump on ELOGS before the DFO makes them mandatory in 2024.
If this sounds like you, please fill in this short questionnaire, and we’ll get back to you at the end of January!
What you’ll get in return
- You’ll get a year of ELOGS for free (that’s a $120 value)
- Each month we’ll be giving away a $50 Tim Horton’s gift card to one or more of our test team in good standing
- Your input will help inform future releases of the overall electronic logbook product
Submit your test crew application now or let us know if you have any questions!