Vericatch develops catch reporting and seafood traceability software.
At Vericatch, our team is committed to building fishery data software that positively impacts the fishing industry and our environment. Our work with electronic reporting, fishery management analytics, and supply chain systems brings the true benefits of responsible fishing back to the fishing industry.
We were founded in 2006 by fishermen and technologists who saw the benefits of working together to improve the profitability and sustainability of the industry. Today, Vericatch continues to embody the diverse talents and skills of our founders while leveraging experience from fishermen, leading marine science organizations and global technology companies.
At Vericatch we believe that great data is at the core of sustainable fisheries management. We want to help fisheries succeed by partnering with industry and stakeholders to leverage value from fishing data. This is why we listen carefully and work closely with global and local stakeholders to build strong relationships, and create products that are easy to use, low cost and flexible to fit each unique fishery.
Together, we’re building a better future. Sustainability starts with information – we are proud to design, develop, and support solutions that contribute to the sustainability of the fishing industry and the communities it supports.
Information is transformative, and we are committed to creating tools that build a better future for the fishing industry and our world.
About the Role
- Take ownership of customer reported issues and drives problems through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve software and hardware issues.
- Escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Able to identify open source technologies and tools to resolve issues as needed.
- Implement solutions using programming languages or scripting methodologies to solve problems with a custom workflow.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- 4+ years experience in an IT support or DevOps role.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Creative and intuitive thinker who works well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Familiarity with Jira, GitHub, Firebase, DigitalOcean and / or AWS and Ansible.
- Proficiency with MacOS, Linux Shell, Ruby on the Rails and Python.
- Proficiency with database technology including PostGreSQL.
- Proficient with SQL and creating queries and manipulating data within the database.
- Attention to detail.
Applicants must reside in the Greater Vancouver Area.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.