Vericatch develops catch reporting and seafood traceability software.
At Vericatch, our team is committed to building fishery data software that positively impacts the fishing industry and our environment. Our work with electronic reporting, fishery management analytics, and supply chain systems brings the true benefits of responsible fishing back to the fishing industry.
We were founded in 2006 by fishermen and technologists who saw the benefits of working together to improve the profitability and sustainability of the industry. Today, Vericatch continues to embody the diverse talents and skills of our founders while leveraging experience from fishermen, leading marine science organizations and global technology companies.
At Vericatch we believe that great data is at the core of sustainable fisheries management. We want to help fisheries succeed by partnering with industry and stakeholders to leverage value from fishing data. This is why we listen carefully and work closely with global and local stakeholders to build strong relationships, and create products that are easy to use, low cost and flexible to fit each unique fishery.
Together, we’re building a better future. Sustainability starts with information – we are proud to design, develop, and support solutions that contribute to the sustainability of the fishing industry and the communities it supports.
Information is transformative, and we are committed to creating tools that build a better future for the fishing industry and our world.
About the Role
As a mobile app developer working with us you value learning, you know and understand mobile technologies and web frameworks well. Working with others in a group environment and solving problems with the right tools and efficient code is your thing. You actively participate in technical discussions and feature planning for agile cycles and are very familiar with the native iOS development stack and have some experience with the Android development stack. Like the rest of us you will end up wearing many hats, supporting each other in areas such as solution design, customer support, and operations. Over time you will have plenty of opportunity to grow with the organization into other areas as you choose.
- Be an integral member of the design, development and deployment of our products.
- Participate with a small, dedicated team in full product lifecycle activities: estimating, planning, designing, coding, documenting and testing.
- Develop and maintain iOS/Android software components in React Native.
- Support existing Android apps written in Java.
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment.
- Perform stress and automation tests on developed code to ensure reliability and durability.
- Support of existing websites and applications for enhanced performance and efficiency.
- Always maintain a high standard of functionality, simplicity, beautification, and user experience in your work.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years mobile application experience in a production environment.
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Creative and intuitive thinker who works well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with Android SDK.
- Experience with the React ecosystem.
- Understanding of Android and iOS ecosystem.
- Native iOS and Android app development experience is a plus.
- Experience in API design and SDK architecture is a must.
- Experience with data structures.
- Experience with analyzing complicated system components and requirements.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with coding, debugging, and design.
- Very good with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns.
- Proficiency with APIs and RESTful Web Services.
- Proficiency with Jira, GitHub, Firebase, DigitalOcean and / or AWS and Ansible.
- Experience with Ruby on the Rails and Python is an asset.
- Experience with database technology including PostGreSQL is an asset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Applicants must reside in the Greater Vancouver Area.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.