The marketing role is integral to our team and to shaping the current and future direction of Vericatch. As a relatively early stage company we look to each member of the team to contribute based on their experience and capability. Such contribution isn’t just confined to traditional role limitations. This role reports to the CEO.
- Driving outreach and positive attention to the company and products
- Specific role to be discussed and agreed with company management, but expected to include:
- Marketing strategy and direction/tactics to achieve it within company constraints
- B2B and B2C Marketing communications concept and execution for website(s), social media, outreach tools – email, social media, campaigns, etc
- The initial role is currently envisaged as a part-time role (50%), but the expectation is that the role will become full-time based on company growth
Desired Skills & Experience
The desired candidate should:
- Have at least 2-5 years’ experience in a marketing or marketing communications role ideally within, or as a contractor, for both nascent and scaled businesses degree level qualification
- Have fluent English
- Be based in the Vancouver area and would be expected to primarily work out of Vericatch’s office
- Have experience working in technology-based businesses. Experience in software and services, or with Fisheries or Retail would be super.
- Be self-driven and have the ability to manage their own productivity
- Have experience with SEO, Adwords, Google Analytics and design would be a bonus
- Be able to travel occasionally for business
Vericatch, formerly known as IQMI, is 12-year-old Vancouver BC based company conveniently located in the heart of Kitsilano. Vericatch helps fisheries and the seafood industry maximize sustainable value. We are growing in Canada and international markets and are seen as a key innovator by leading NGOs. As we grow, we are seeking people with excellent real-world experience and an appetite to grow with the company.
We work with fishermen and major international NGOs to improve fishery sustainability and bring value to the most responsible fishery leaders. Our tools are implemented in distant and developing artisanal fisheries all the way up to local, large scale, and well regulated commercial fisheries. The harvest and catch data which our software collects from primary producers is then used to add additional value via authentication and traceability throughout the entire the supply chain to its various participants including processors, distributors, retailers, and finally out to the consumer.
If working with Vericatch and improving fisheries and sustainability around the world interests you, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a blurb about your values, what makes you unique, and what you feel you would be able to bring to our team.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon.