This is an exciting time to play a lead role in expanding Vericatch’s reach into new markets as well as solidifying business presence in Canada.
The Business Development Director is integral to shaping the current and future direction of Vericatch. As a relatively early stage company we look to each member of the team to contribute based on their experience and capability. Such contribution isn’t just confined to traditional role limitations. This role reports to the CEO.
We work directly with fishermen, industry groups, and major international NGOs to improve fishery sustainability and bring value to the most responsible fishery leaders. Our tools are implemented in distant and developing artisanal fisheries all the way up to local, large scale, and well-regulated commercial fisheries. The harvest and catch data which our software collects from primary producers is then used to add additional value via authentication and traceability throughout the entire the supply chain to its various participants including processors, distributors, food service providers, retailers, and finally out to the consumer.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Kitsilano and offer a competitive salary and perks such as starting bonus, hardware, 3 weeks vacation, health and wellness, professional development, and transit/parking allowances.
You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for the business by engaging with new and existing leads, building our brand through strategic communications and marketing, and moving projects through the sales funnel to close.
- Work with the leadership team to refresh and implement a go-to-market strategy for products
- Lead, develop and implement a co-ordinated marketing strategy to support business development activities
- Generate new leads in strategic markets and move them along the sales pipeline to closure with team support
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and industry stakeholders
- Develop original content including case studies and whitepapers about our projects for our website, newsletters, social media and in print format
- Write grant proposals with partner organizations
- Occasional local and international travel to conferences and business meetings
- The role is currently part-time (80%) but the expectation is the role will become full-time based on company growth
Desired skills & Experience
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working in business development or marketing roles
- Experience working in either seafood, fisheries or natural resource sectors
- Demonstrable business acumen in technology related business, added bonus if you have exposure to start-up environments
- Demonstrable writing and content skills for case studies, whitepapers, grant proposals and social media
- A problem solver, with a ‘can-do’ positive attitude and ability to get up-to-speed quickly and thinks global
- Be self-driven and have the ability to manage own productivity
- Based in the Vancouver area and expected to primarily work out of Vericatch’s Kitsilano office
- A degree qualification, ideally Science based
- Should be fluent in English
If working with Vericatch Solutions Inc. and improving fisheries traceability and sustainability around the world interests you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a blurb about what makes you you, along with what you feel you would be able to bring to the team. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon.