Vericatch is looking for an intermediate to senior Ruby on Rails full stack developer with 3 or more years of relevant working experience in a team environment to join us in our Vancouver, BC office.
You will be assisting in delivering to market our SaaS based suite of seafood supply chain traceability solutions and commercial, artisanal, and recreational fishery management tools to our customers around world.
Our company works directly with fishermen, industry groups, the supply chain, and major international NGOs to improve fishery sustainability and bring value to the most responsible fishery leaders. Our tools are implemented in distant and developing artisanal fisheries all the way up to local, large scale, and well-regulated commercial fisheries. The harvest and catch data which our software helps to collect from primary producers is then used to add additional value via traceability and sustainability throughout the entire the supply chain to its various participants including processors, distributors, food service providers, retailers, and finally out to the consumer.
As an experienced full stack developer:
- You know and understand various development concepts, web frameworks, and mobile technology well, and feel at home in at least one area of the application stack
- You value learning and working with others in a group environment – no lone wolves here – and solving problems with the right tools and efficient but manageable and maintainable code is your thing
- You enjoy developing and deploying software the right way, not just the easy way
- You understand the value of properly documented code (not too much, not too little)
- You research, troubleshoot, and communicate effectively with your peers to get yourself up and running and out of jams in a timely manner
- You understand that as we are a small team you will end up wearing many hats and be interfacing with clients and external and internal key stakeholders, so the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written will be expected of you
- You know that over time you will have plenty of opportunity to grow with the organization into other areas as you choose
Some of the technologies that we use for our codebases and toolchains:
- Ruby on Rails
We are conveniently located in the heart of Kitsilano and offer a competitive salary and perks such as starting bonus, hardware, three weeks vacation, health and wellness, professional development, and transit/parking allowances.
If working with us at Vericatch and improving fisheries and sustainability around the world interests you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a blurb of what makes you you, and what you feel you would be able to bring to the team.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon.